||Creation of St. Joseph's College by Bro. Vinoch of the
Brothers of the Christian Schools founded by St. John Baptist de la
||Expansion of the yard by four additional acres. The
grounds were previously of one acre only.[Read more...]
||A statue of the Virgin Mary is raised. It is found at
the center of the central yard. [Read more...]
||The College is close to closing its doors because of
a polemic about the teaching of Latin.[Read more...]
||Construction starts. The old wooden buildings are replaced
by the concrete building as we know it. Construction ends in 1940. [Read more...]
|17 Nov 1933
||Inaugural of the new Chapel.[Read more...]
||Construction of the physics and chemistry laboratories
in a new block adjoining the main building.[Read more...]
||The College is requisitioned the authorities and is
used as a war hospital during all the length of World War II. [Read more...]
||Building of a kitchen and dinning room by the main building
for the need of the military hospital. St. Joseph's College's students
and teachers study at the Royal College until the end of the war. [Read more...]
|1930 - 1950
||The College is run by Bro. Ignatius. Being German, he
is under close watch by the British Government. [Read more...]
||The motto Ad Altiora Cum Christo - Towards Heights
with The Christ - as well as the badge are born. They were created
by a former student, Gaëtan Boullé.
|27 May 1947
||The College comes under the administration of the Brothers
of the Christian Schools or Ireland. [Read more...]
||Publication of the first issue of Cimes the College
magazine. Before the magazine was called Pharus.
|20 Feb 1950
||Bro. Columban replaces Bro. Ignatius as director. [Read more...]
||Creation of the Old Boys Association by Gustave Rey.
||Inaugural of the new gymnasium. [Read more...]
||St. Joseph's College participates in the national free
education policy. [Read more...]
||The College is conferred with the Honorary Freedom of
the town of Curepipe on the occasion of its 100th birthday. [Read more...]
||St. Joseph's College passes under diocesan administration.
Mr. Daniel Koenig is the first non religious director. [Read more...]
|8 Jan 1986
||Departure of the last Brother, Bro. Alphonsus Timothy
||Departure of Mr. Koenig as director. He becomes the
manager of the College. Mr. Serge Ng Tat Chung becomes the new director. [Read more...]
|19 Jan 1994
||Inaugural of a new block comprising five classrooms
and an amphitheater. [Read more...]
||Opening of the new computer room, Espace Informatique
St. Jean-Baptiste de la Salle.
|19 Mars 2001
||Inaugural of St. Joseph's College's prevocational
department. [Read more...]
||St. Joseph's College is 125 years old.
||Complete restoration of the school chapel
||St. Joseph's College is 130 years old.
||St Jospeh's College is one of the 7 National Colleges to embark on "Physical Education" as an examinable subject for Cambridge School Certificate
||Restoration of the roof of the school
||The Daniel Koenig Junior Science Laboratory in operation for Form 1 to Form 3 students.
||New Computer Laboratory set up - A Research/ Resource Centre with Network, Audio & Video facilities